ArchAIDE - Final Conference
Archaeorevolution is now
Participating. Downloading. Testing.
Auditorium Centro Congressi Le Benedettine
Piazza San Paolo a Ripa D'Arno, 16
We are glad to announce the final event of ArchAIDE project that will be hosted in Pisa, next 13-14 May 2019.
We invite the archaeological community to attend the event and discover the results of the project.
The ArchAIDE app will be shown and each participant will be able to download and test it.
The key aim of ArchAIDE project is to help archaeologists in their daily work. ArchAIDE app aims to change the global practice of archaeology by allowing a user to quickly obtain information, by photographing a sherd, applying autorecognition technology to that photograph, and matching the sherd to items in the catalogue
13 MAY 2019
9:00 I Registration and welcome breakfast
9:30 I Conference Opening and Welcome
M.Letizia Gualandi - Principal Investigator of ArchAIDE (University of Pisa)
Paolo Maria Mancarella - University of Pisa Dean
10:00 I Artificial Intelligence and archaeology. What’s running in Europe
- ArchAIDE project. The Archaeorevolution is now I Gabriele Gattiglia (University of Pisa)
- Algorithmic Handwriting Analysis of First Temple Period Documents I Alexandra Shira Golovin Faigenbaum ( School of Mathematical Sciences -Tel Aviv University)
- The role of similarity in the re-unification, re-assembly and re-association of 3D artefacts: the case study of the GRAVITATE project I Silvia Biasotti (CNR- IMATI)
- Machine learning-based large-scale potsherd detection using drone high-resolution imagery: towards an automated intensive survey method I Hector A. Orengo (Catalan Institute of Classical Archaeology)
- Automated Pottery Identification with Arch-I-Scan I Penelope Allison (Department of Archaeology and Ancient History - University of Leicester); Ivan Tyukin (Department of Mathematics, University of Leicester)
- The EPNet project: a multidisciplinary approach to the study of history I Juan Manuel Bermúdez Lorenzo ( CEIPAC - University of Barcelona)
13:00 I Lunch
14:00 I Technologies and tools for the digitization of archaeological catalogues
Marco Callieri (ISTI-CNR)
14:30 I Beyond paper: ArchAIDE database of ceramic.
Holly Wright and Julian Richards (University of York)
15:00 I Shape and image-based recognition of potsherds
Nachum Dershowitz and Barak Itkin (Tel Aviv University)
15:30 I Coffee break
16:00 I Creating a training set of potsherds
Eva Miguel Gascón (University of Barcelona) -Michael Remmy (University of Cologne)
16:30 I From data to visualization
Nevio Dubbini, Gabriele Gattiglia (University of Pisa)
17:00 I Open data, copyright and IPR
Julian Richards (University of York)
Antonella Fabbrini, Luisa Gaggini (Casalini Libri)
18:30 - 20:00 I Walking tour on the medieval walls of Pisa
14 MAY 2019
9:30 I ArchAIDE App
Free download of ArchAIDE app and live tutorial
Gabriele Gattiglia (University of Pisa), Massimo Zallocco (INERA srl)
10:30 - 12:15 I Demo area
12:15 I ArchAIDE documentary video
Lorenzo Garzella (University of Pisa – Nanof srl)
13:00 I Lunch
14:30 I What’s next? Building sustainable future for ArchAIDE
16:30 I Closing remarks
To help us organize the event better, we ask you to fill in your registration no later than 30th April 2019.